- This event has passed.
Implementing Telemedicine in your Practice
A 90-minute webinar to help primary care physicians make informed decisions
Congress just passed the Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act. This legislation allows physicians to bill for patient care delivered using telemedicine during the COVID-19 pandemic. Primary care practices should be preparing to use a telemedicine system to provide ongoing patient care in the event it becomes difficult – or impossible – to conduct in-person office visits.
This 90-minute webinar is geared for primary care practices looking to implement a telehealth solution. This is a comprehensive and unbiased webinar designed to help physicians and their office managers make informed decisions.
NOTE: Each webinar registration provides a site-wide license so that anyone within your organization can participate in the webinar.
Following each presentation, webinar attendees will have the opportunity to submit their questions to our panel of experts.
The Legal & Regulatory Framework
- Primer on legal and regulatory issues relating to telemedicine
- State laws and standards on licensure, scope of practice, remote prescribing and informed consent
- Federal laws and standards on HIPAA, BAAs, privacy and data security concerns, and prescribing of controlled substances
- Coverage and reimbursement basics
- Business considerations including corporate practice and contracts with vendors
- Malpractice and insurance considerations
- Overview of federal and state law changes since the COVID-19 outbreak
- What is likely to happen when the national health emergency is over
- Compliance considerations
Software Options & Integrating Telemedicine Into Your Practice
- EHR and practice management system integration
- Store and forward, video conferencing, remote monitoring and mobile technologies
- The pros and cons of “home grown” apps and customization
- Joining a telehealth network of physicians
- Implementation timeline and expected costs
- Solutions using HIPAA compliant video software
- Payment integration options
- Weighing cash-pay vs. billing insurance carriers for services
- Clinical prescribing through telemedicine software
Getting Paid for Your Telemedicine Services
- Accurately coding for telemedicine and virtual care services
- Heading off denials by identifying differences between virtual care and telemedicine services
- Complying with Medicare’s new COVID-19 rules
- Avoiding Stark and Anti-kickback violations
- Managing workflows and staff training
- Credentialing considerations
- Extending the reach of NPs and PAs with digital E/M services
- Protecting your reimbursements with the proper patient consent language
- How to market telehealth services to patients
- Patient support and documentation